Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Movie of the Year - Burn After Reading

The Coen brothers made such a great commentary on our social climate with this one. We get so caught up in the smallest things these days and in the hands of idiots (the press and their sensationalism) they get blown out of proportion. George Clooney's character kills me and (SPOILER ALERT) when Brad Pitt gets shot the realism and shock factor are perfect.

Runners-Up

Pineapple Express - Never has a stoner-comedy and action film melded so well together. The ensemble cast had me from beginning to end. Literally from Bill Hader's cameo as the solidier to Danny McBride's (Red) "friends schpeel" in the restaurant.

The Dark Knight- I can't tell you the amount of times I watched this movie. Really. My favorite part of the movie is obscure though, the parts with others trying to be vigilantes. I loved this story-line in the comics (ie The Sons of Batman) and it worked well in the movie.

No comments: