Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Getting On My Mind...Out Of My Mind

A friend of mine who works in the "music biz" passed along Panic Bomber's album "Getting on My Mind" last week and I've been trying to get it out of my mind ever since. When first listening to the album I felt that Richard Haig, the man behind Panic Bomber and the make-up above, was headed into well-treaded territory. But his ever-changing vocals, memorable lyrics and experimental instrumentation changed my opinion. "Getting on My Mind" is a musical ride through pure emotion and personal dilemmas. Tracks like "A Giant Tortoise" and "Keep Ignoring" set him apart from the hundreds of new artists in the ever expanding Electronica genre. A student of the University of Miami's Music Engineering Technology program he is quickly garnishing praise from local and international fans. Being named The Miami Herald's "Best New Electronica Artist 2009" and selling out shows in London and Glasgow. Check out his official site here and listen to tracks from "Getting on My Mind" at his myspace here.

No comments: