Friday, October 23, 2009

That Guy...


Chuck Palahniuk

I first picked up one of Chuck Palahniuk's novels on a bookshelf in a cabin, unsuspecting of what I was about to encounter. "Rant" an oral biography of Rant Casey, a cult status figure who lives in and contributes to troubling times, had me enthralled from it's initial pages. After gushing about this novel to my sister I was given another one his works, "Lullaby". This one was more of a horror novel than "Rant". A new-aged tale of love and witchcraft still drenched in Palahniuk's brand of pessimistic comedy. Recently I have began reading one of his newer pieces entitled "Snuff". A story told from four character's viewpoints inside the making of the world-record gang bang. Yes, I said gang bang. I never thought I'd use that word combination on my blog. Palahniuk's words are wielded in a humorous, yet compelling style. He brings social commentary to another level with his insights and character's dialogue. Even the artwork on his book covers is intriguing (check bellow). Check out his website "The Cult" here and do yourself a favour, go pick up one of his books today.

Oh yeah, he also wrote Fight Club. But who cares...



No comments: