Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Miss Mass



Not only the title of a classic Gang Starr song, "Mass Appeal" was my premiere lifestyle magazine. Covering the worlds of fashion, graffiti, sports, music, film, cars, women and everything in between "Mass..." knew where "it" was at. I guess I loved this magazine so much because it was my portal into a world that wasn't readily available in the suburbs. It introduced me streetwear boutiques and brands I would of never heard of. The writers covered stories too obscure for other major media outlets. "Mass Appeal" gave faces and stories to graffiti pieces and artists in every issue. Sadly in the end these factors may have lead to it's un-timely demise. After 50 quality issues and one "meh" edition (Jim Jones? Seriously?) "Mass Appeal" ceased operations. Though the last issue printed was in May of 2008, "Mass Appeal" will always live on... in a pile beside my toilet.



No comments: