Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When We Were Young

Everything is cyclical when it comes to fashion and I wish I had known that when I was younger. I would of put all my clothes in some sort of time capsule and dig them up today. Ray-Ban wayfarers, Mickey Mouse tees and track pants with absolutely crazy patterns are just a few of things that have come back in style. Here are the top three things I wish I had kept;
Hypercolor Tees 

American Apparel has just recently brought back Hypercolor but I'm not digging them as much as the bright orange and purple tee I had back in grade three. I would spend hours blowing on that shirt making designs and face imprints. There's something about the distressed look of shirts that make up some of the allure.

Nike ACG Boots

No I didn't have these ones but I ended up with a pair of crazy ones (they were orange, bright green and of course dark brown), which at that time I thought were ugly. My family and I had gone to the Nike outlet in Buffalo and my mom made me get a pair of winter boots. Why didn't she make me keep them? Mom! Meatloaf! I mean, ACGs! 

Starter Caps

I had a black with white pinstripe Orlando Magic hat. I had traded all my Marvel trading cards with a friend for it. I wore that hat day and night. I ended up being a sun-stained with brownish pinstripe Orlando Magic hat.


No comments: